Ineligibility to Obtain a Replacement License Online
We are unable to replace your driver's license online if:
- You hold a commercial driver license (CDL).
- Your name needs to be changed or corrected on your driver's license.
- Your driver's license has expired.
- Your license has been suspended or revoked.
- You owe money to DMV for a prior transaction.
- You are under the age of 18.
- You have a profile picture on your driver's license.
- You have surrendered your license to another state.
- You hold a learner's permit.
- You hold a Virginia ID card.
- You have a driver's license image that needs to be retaken.
- Your customer number on file needs verification.
- You do not have a Virginia address.
- You are required to present proof of legal presence.
- You have already requested a driver's license replacement online today.
- You are under medical review.
- You are age 80 or older. (You must complete the vision screening requirements.)
Please contact us if you have questions.